Friday, September 27, 2013

Funny Happenings

   Last week was slightly hellish, this week seemed filled with funny little happenings. I don't have any pictures to document these things, and considering what they are it is probably a good thing. I will be quick with the details:

   On Tuesday Oliver jumped out of his crib. He had just woken up, we heard just a few shouts over the monitor and then a CRASH. I ran into his room and he was face down on the floor. I have no idea how he got over the side of the crib, and also no idea how he avoided smashing himself on the corner of the dresser. He seems to be uninjured though, so that is all that matters. Unfortunately about ten minutes later, he fell off my bed as well. Who says lightening won't ever strike the same place twice?

  On Thursday three things happened:
  He got bit by another kid at daycare. The teachers claim to not know exactly who did it because they didn't see it happen. But I can say from the bite mark that whoever did it has a serious set of chompers. Not all kids his age have all their teeth, but this one did. Oliver had a nasty dark red bite mark on his arm. I know kids sometimes bite, but if I find out who this tiny Hannibal Lecter is, I just might bite him back.

   The second noteworthy happening occurred that same night. He was taking his bath and took a dump in the tub. I don't need to describe it, but it was gross.

   After that unpleasantness, as I was putting his pajamas on I noticed that he has the first sprout of his first molar! Poor guy, that must have been what ruined him last week. I wish I could tell him that the worst is behind him, but I think it is only beginning. Do they make IV drips of Infant Ibuprofen?

No comments:

Post a Comment