Sunday, April 29, 2012

Who is Punchy?


I realize that most people don't know the reason behind the name of my blog. Meet Punchy:



This is when he was just ten weeks old. We went in for our first appointment to hear his heart beat. Since this is our first baby, we were pretty excited about it and Easan left work to come to the appointment with me. The doctor couldn't find his heart beat with the doppler since he was still really small, so she did a quick and clandestine sonogram. We couldn't have been more thrilled. There he was, on the screen, the reality of the situation hit both of us, and I think Easan teared up a little. 




As we stared at the very first images of our baby (we didn't know it was a he or she yet) he started moving. He bounced up and down and threw a few punches. From that point on he was named Punchy. It has stuck ever since.



This is him at 20 weeks, when we found out he is a boy. I will spare you the fetal weiner images, I would hate to have him accuse me of embarrassing him before he was even born. This was a really exciting appointment to see how much bigger he had gotten and to have our suspicions confirmed. I had thought all along that he was a boy, and because of that feeling I had to find out his gender because if I had been wrong the entire time and Punchy came out a girl, I would feel like a total putz. 


So now, Punch is 38 weeks old, nine and a half months. That may confuse people because the common belief is that pregnancy is 9 months long. Not so my friends, pregnancy is right about 40 weeks, and if we all do our math, that is actually ten months. So, without further ado, I am going to do something I have been excited about since the beginning. I am going to post the monthly belly pictures. I always loved looking at the progression when my friends did this, so I started taking belly pics at 4 months right about when I started showing. I wore the same shirt every time to try to make comparison easier. Check it out!


4 Months

                                                                           5 Months

6 Months

7 Months

8 Months

9.5 Months


1 comment:

  1. In my imagination your stomach was 3 or 4 times this size - just absolutely massive! So while I'm a little disappointed that your child will not be a giant, I am certain he will still be a total badass.

    ReplyDelete